Friday, February 9, 2018

Day 5 of Unity

This last day as a guest GIU member, I'm going to share something with you that's really been on my heart the last few months.    I've been praying and one of the things I've become firmly convinced of is that we need to be encouragers.  We need to lift each other up!  Its one of our greatest gifts.  So my last card to share is a card of encouragement for those who find themselves in bad situations, who have someone belittling you and trying to knock you down.  This is for you!


Cierra Girl, hiding behind the camera, is a girl to reckon with!  With the saying from I Am Woman to show how she is building herself to be stronger woman, this card is for all of those who've had people throw bricks at you and try to tear you down!  Let's quit tearing each other down and lift each other up!  We are blessed and its time to share those blessings. 

This was stamped on plain white cardstock, masking Ciera and stamping the bricks using a stencil and Tim Holtz distress inks.  This was cut out using a My Favorite Things die and placed on a standard Kraft base.  The sentiment was stamped using Stayz On ink on clear acetate.  With the addition of a few matching flowers and a couple of strands of twine, it stands out as one of my favorites.  

I hope you've enjoyed my week as your GIU member.  Please don't forget to leave comments on each blog so you can be entered to win one of two prize packages from Unity.

This blog will also appear on:




13 comments:

  1. I like the card and sentiment. One of the reasons I love Unity and the group is it is so supportive and uplifting to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed your week and thanks for the advice on sending encouragement cards. Wonderful card you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved seeing all of these!! YOu have done amazing!!
    This one has to be my favorite of them all!! Awesome Job..... LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, the message is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous stencilled brick.
    And I love how you stamped the sentiment on a piece of acetate - clever! She's a beauty and I wholeheartedly agree with you
    about encouraging others. Even just a smile can lift someone's
    spirits. Thanks for a beautiful week!! xxoo Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this has been my fave so far this week...this year maybe, the message is just so powerful and the fact that you made it for that reason is awesome, you are awesome! Thanks for sharing this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, because my situation in life currently, is difficult, and I am trying to be strong... I love the brick wall background, and Tim Holtz is fabulous!
    Thanks for the lovely card share!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we all need encouragement, but sometimes we REALLY need it. Sometimes it's had to know what to say, but just letting the person know that you care enough to make a card with them in mind is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure was a fast week. I have really enjoyed your artwork and your blog. I hope you continue this blog. As far as this stamp, l actually received it in the mail today. I will definitely be using it this weekend to encourage another person. I agree with your idea. We need to lift each other up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card and your message. I have talked to many Unies and they have offered so much encouragement to all of us. They always help if you ask a question and are always willing to share tips on your work. They have lifted me up several times and have given me challenges to do more. Thank you for all you have shared this week with us

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her hair is beautiful, I am trying to learn shading and hair is on top of my list. Love her

    ReplyDelete