Thursday, February 8, 2018

Unity Day 4

Oh my gosh, this week is nearly gone!!!  Other than scrapbooking, card making, and photography, my oldest and dearest hobby/friend is reading books.  Both of my parents, my brother and my sister were teachers.  I learned to read before I started school and continue reading today when I get a chance!  This stamp from Unity called Chapter One is one of my favorites.  And guess what's my favorite beverage?  Coffee!  So to combine both my favorites into one stamp, well of course I had to have it!


Don't you just love this stamp?!! I sure do!  It's perfect for a teacher, an avid reader, a book club member, a coffee lover....well you get the idea, you can use it for anything!  Stamped and colored on plain white card stock, the left hand edge cut with a Heartfelt creations border die and the right edge cut with a My Favorite Things die, I then wrapped some brown twine randomly around it.  This was mounted on some printed background paper and then put on a basic chocolate brown cardstock base.
 I added a wooden button pre-stamped with "love" glued in the corner, and it was complete. 

 Don't forget to leave me a comment on my blogs....Unity will award two people a prize from the comments on my blogs this week~awesome!!!

Copics Used:
Brown Books: E42, E43, E44, E87
Green Books: YG93, YG95, YG97
Blue Books: B91, B32, B24, B26
Coffee Cup: YR30, E40, Y28, E84

This Blog Will Also Appear On:


18 comments:

  1. Hi, I like the vintage look of this card. My sister was a teacher. I like reading and coffee...
    Also, I like the embellishments on your card.
    Many thanks for sharing!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee and books--what a wonderful combination. I like the Love button too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the different edging on the card. That is something I need to add to my try to get outside the box cards. Love the coloring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about the different edges....was a little nervous about it, but I do like how it turned out. Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous card! There are so many uses for this stamp - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite so far this week! I love how you used different borders on each side of the image. The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The edges dies are new for me but I think I'll continue to use them!

      Delete
  6. Jennie I think you have out done yourself with this card. To include some of your upbringing in this blog makes everything more interested. As far as the coffee, I think you have allot of followers in your group. So far after following you this week, I have found four stamps I need after seeing what you have done with them. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love the whole design of this yummy card!
    My favorite beverage is coffee, too!! I could drink
    it 24/7 if my body would allow it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I agree that stamp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. This is one of my favorite stamps as my daughter and I love books and tea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your soft colors. I like your soft coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete