Sunday, December 31, 2017

My First Blog

Creating cards has become not only a relaxing hobby, it has made me jump into the social network of blogging to be able to compete with other card designers.  This first blog is about a card I recently made to be used in my Sunday School in our outreach ministry. 



This is a pair of pears hanging from a simple branch that I stamped on 110lb Hammermill print paper.  I colored the image with copic markers using YG01, YG61, YG93, YG95, YG 97, YG99, R20, E55.  The pear stamp is from Unity Stamp company and is called Sending Kindness and designed by Gracielle Designs.  The sentiment also from the same stamp company and designer is called The Vine.  I then used the Spellbinders Postage Stamp dies to cut out both the image and the sentiment using foam tape to adhere to a plain 4.25x5.5 white card base.  Finishing off the card with a simple sheer brown ribbon and tying it in a knot.  Simple yet elegant, and hoping its recipient knows it was made with love.

This posting will also appear on the following sites:



9 comments:

  1. Beautifully colored pear image! Love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very proud of you Jennie for making the leap to the world of blogging and card challenges. Your talent is amazing, such a blessing from God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully clever colouring on those pears, Jennie, and I'm your very first encourager as I've joined your blog, I hope your blog excells, and that you also pop over to my blog too and join it as well.
    That's a favourite verse, an excellent one for 2018... "My grace is sufficient for thee."
    Lord bless, Jennie.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that's so lovely. Beautifully stamped and gorgeous card design. So perfect for our 'New' challenge. Happy New Year! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to #333 HIMCR's 5th Saturday freestyle challenge! Becca~DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your firrst blog post Jennie and many thanks for joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin'. Your card is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. I love how you colored the Unity Stamp. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You colored the pears perfectly!!! Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you started a blog for the same reason I did, being a GIU gal. This is a beautiful card and a good start to your blog.

    ReplyDelete